11 March 2014

CT Scan Result


So a week after the CT Scan hubby had an appointment with our Oncologist at Fremantle Hospital. Me and kids accompanied him. Armed with gummies, tetra pack juices, chocolates and other unfamiliar junk food to keep the busy toddler and restless infant under control we made preparations early. All thanks to Allah, the waiting time was less this time.  By Allah's immense bounty upon us, the blood works and CT Scan came out perfect. We got scheduled to meet the Colorectal Team at the end of March. A routine colonoscopy appointment is also anticipated.

I cannot even begin to write about the calmness or rather excitement I experienced upon hearing hubby's result. All thanks to Allah. This state of joy certainly reminded me about a particular incident that will take place on the Day of Judgement as Allah states in the Qur'an

“So as for he who is given his record in his right hand, he will say, ‘Here, read my record!  Indeed, I was certain that I would be meeting my account.’  So he will be in a pleasant life – in an elevated Garden, its [fruit] to be picked hanging near.  [He will be told], ‘Eat and drink in satisfaction for what you put forth in the days past.’” (Quran 69:19-24)

Muslims believe that on the day of Judgement, God(Allah) will assemble all the creatures. Humans will be judged based on their deeds and rewarded accordingly. In Islam we believe that all our deeds whether done in public or private are recorded by the Angels. Hence, this day will be a heavy day as men and women will worry whether they will be allowed to enter Paradise or be cast into Hellfire. So the above verse talks about a person who has done ample good deeds and he is so joyful such that he will show his record to others saying Read my record! After all this is the only acheivement that in reality matters and is worthy of any celebration! So I reminded myself that my joyful state at the doctor's is not the ultimate and the lasting kind. May Allah guide us to lead a worthy life and to get a record we are proud of on the Day of Judgement.

The best deed in the sight of God is to submit oneself completely to God and strictly avoid associating partners with God. This monotheistic belief is the fundamental of Islam. God says in Quran that He may forgive all the sins except the sin of worshipping other false gods beside the One True God.

And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)" (Quran 20:82)

Allah says: “Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Quran 39:5]